«

»

Aug 19

Motor mounts done

Small update.

I finished the motor mounts. Where at first I tried with the same plastic material as I used for the center part of the frame, I now opted for some more aluminium. The result is quite acceptable I think.

It also turned out that the frame is quite straight. With all four engines mounted all arms are resting without wobbling on the table on the screws. Might be that I have somewhere inherited some of the carpenter skills of my granddad. Or it’s just plain luck. Given that I cannot drill a hole anywhere I actually want it, I guess it’s luck 🙂

Next on the list: soldering the speed controllers to the engines.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>